WHAT'S HAPPENING AT THE LSC?
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR 2020 FALL PROGRAMS:
- CanSkate - our learn-to-skate program for children aged 3 to 18 - 10 Weeks - October thru December
- Due to COVID restrictions and guidelines, we are unable to offer the Pre-CanSkate skill level of the CanSkate program on regular CanSkate sessions this season. We are still accepting children as young as 3 with previous skating experience, however all participants must be able to stand, move forward, and recover from a fall independently in order to stay within the 2-metre social distancing requirement.
- Parent & Tot CanSkate - for children who are not able to stand, move forward, and recover from a fall independently. Children must be assisted by a parent or other member of the child's household. Parents must be able to effectively skate on their own and support their skater if necessary.
- CanPowerSkate - skills and techniques for hockey and ringette - 10 Weeks - October thru December
- SYNCHROSkate - teams performing group formations and maneuvers - October start-up
- STARSkate - figure skating, ice dance, interpretive skating - September thru December programming
- Group STARSkate (STAR 1 - 2) for skaters who have completed CanSkate Stage 4 and are moving into Figure Skating
- Private Lesson STARSkate presented in a Blended Session format, offers both private lesson ice and group lesson instruction to maximize numbers, and expose skaters to more coaches and coaching styles
- AdultSkate - learn CanSkate, CanPowerSkate and/or STARSkate skills - all skill levels welcome
IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION:
- In order to ensure a safe return to the ice for our LSC skaters, coaches and families, modified programing is presented that includes COVID-19 guidelines as set forth by the Province of Alberta, City of Lethbridge, Skate Canada, and the Skate Canada: Alberta-NWT/Nunavut Section.
- All skaters, coaches, parents and staff of the LSC must adhere to the COVID-19 guidelines and protocols in place.
- PLEASE REVIEW THE UPDATED LSC COVID-19 PROTOCOLS DOCUMENT BEFORE REGISTERING