For adult skaters who wish to continue a healthy, lifelong participation in the sport they love and learned at an earlier age. Participants may work on CanSkate, or STARSkate skills as desired; coaching is provided.
This AdultSkate group lesson typically includes a coach led group warm-up, followed by an open practice with the coach floating, providing instruction to those as requested. Under current AHS COVID restrictions:
- participants are only permitted to engage in low-intensity activity
- coaches and participants must use the “Perceived Rate of Exertion Guideline” to assess what low-intensity activity is for each individual participant
- At no point may a participant exceed a 3 (Moderate) rating during a low-intensity activity. This also means that no element, technique, or skating interval can be over a 3 rating
- Masks must be worn by the participant at all times during low-intensity activity
- 3 metres (9’) physical distance must be kept between all participants and coaches at all times (unless members
of the same household)
Due to COVID restrictions and guidelines, we are unable to offer the Pre-CanSkate level of the CanSkate program this session. All participants must be able to stand, move forward, and recover from a fall independently in order to stay within the 3-metre social distancing requirement. All participants must be 18 years of age or older.
Click HERE for general information about the AdultSkate program.